Infection controls and universal precautions protect clients and staff alike. Everyone benefits from rigorous infection control — you, your dentist, and the dental team. The cornerstone in a good and safe dental practice is the element of trust. You should feel free to discuss this topic with Dr. Domenech and receive a straightforward answer.
Dr. Domenech and our entire team follow procedures recommended by several federal agencies: the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). We are current in the most recent improvements due to the current pandemic. These measures include:
- Extra-oral Aerosol Vacuum Suction with Hospital Grade Disinfection
- UV Air Sanitizers
- Disinfectant hand soap
- Hand Sanitizers throughout the office
- Gloves, face masks, face shields and respirators
- Daily screening and temperature checks for staff and patients
- Chemical disinfection of counter top surfaces, handles and terminals
- Sterilization of all equipment before every use
- Regular testing and maintenance and calibration of all sterilization equipment
- Disposable materials and single use items
We sterilize all reusable equipment, including dental hand pieces. We use an autoclave, a device that kills bacteria, spores and viruses by steam, heat and pressure.
The best defense against disease is information. The more you know, the better equipped you are to make wise decisions about your health care. The more you know about our daily procedures and policies, the more comfortable you will feel.